The Madison County Sheriff’s Department is presently taking applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Deputy Sheriff (Road Patrol /Corrections Deputy) which currently two open positions exist. Nebraska Law Enforcement Certification is not required, however to be completed within the first year of employment.
Qualifications will include:
1. Minimum age of 21 years at time of appointment
2. Physical requirements include weight proportioned to height; vision 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20; normal depth perception; no color blindness; hearing must be normal in frequencies of normal voice range; successful completion of physical examinations by a physician designated by the Commission.
3. High School graduate or have completed an equivalent course of education.
4. Must not have been convicted of a felony or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and must not have demonstrated a disregard of the law to such an extent that usefulness as a Deputy Sheriff would be impaired. The power to make judgment as to usefulness shall be vested in the Commission.
5. Possess a valid driver’s license at time of appointment.
Starting salary: $21.55 per hour, $44,824.00 per year. Current maximum salary is $54,953.60 per year after five years.
Procedure for hiring a deputy sheriff http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com/procedure-for-hiring-a-deputy-sheriff/
Applications must be received, or post marked no later than midnight June 8, 2020.
Applications may be filled out on line (preferred) at http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com/application/
Written application forms may be downloaded from
To request an application or for more information call 402-454-2110 ext 152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer