MADISON COUNTY SHERIFF
PART TIME COURT SECURITY OFFICERS WANTED
An individual in this position is part time Court Security Officer for the Madison County Sheriff’s Office, assigned specifically to the court security function. Duties are limited to the Madison County Court, Madison County District Courts and Madison County Juvenile Court (when needed) only.
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist with providing security for judges, attorneys, witnesses, court employees and the general public.
· Assist in opening District Court, County Court and other judicial proceedings as required.
· Able to operate hand held scanner and walk thru metal detector when needed.
· Assist Deputies in order to conduct efficient day-to-day operations of the courtroom and other judicial functions.
· Respond to medical emergencies or other occurrences which arise within the courthouse.
· Assist with any additional duties required by the Sheriff or through situational necessity.
· Maintain an alert and business-like manner within the courthouse.
· Working conditions are generally stable. All duty assignments are restricted to the inside of the courthouse.
WORK SCHEDULE & PAY
This is a part time position limited to up to 29 hours weekly.
Hours generally start at 0830 until 1600 sometimes until 1700 when jury trials are in session.
Pay starts at $14.98 per hour with an increase to $15.21 in October, 2017
Officers will be paid for 2-hours if they show up and their trial has been settled.
Any interested parties should contact Captain Kotrous at 402-454-3311 ext 723 or email: email@example.com