The Madison County Sheriff’s Dept. is presently taking applications for the position of Corrections Officer for which we currently have an open position(s) and to establish an eligibility list.
Qualifications will include:
- Minimum age of 21 years at time of appointment.
- Physical requirements include weight proportioned to height; vision 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20; normal depth perception; no color blindness; hearing must be normal in frequencies of normal voice range; successful completion of physical examination by a physician designated by the Commission.
- High School graduate or have completed an equivalent course of education.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and must not have demonstrated a disregard of the law to such an extent that usefulness as a Corrections Officer would be impaired.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Starting salary is $36,774.40 per year. Currently maximum salary is $49,961.60 per year after five years.
Send requests for Applications to:
Madison County Sheriff
P.O. Box 209
Madison, NE 68748
Or call 402-454-3311 ext 152 to request an application, or go to:
http://www.madisoncountysheriff.com to complete or download an application.
Applications must be received or post marked no later than midnight November 15, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer