Position Available – Deputy Sheriff
The Madison County Sheriff’s Department is presently taking applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Deputy Sheriff (Road Patrol /Corrections Deputy) which currently two open positions exist. Nebraska Law Enforcement Certification is not required, however to be completed within the first year of employment.
Qualifications will include:
- Minimum age of 21 years at time of appointment
- Physical requirements include weight proportioned to height; vision 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20; normal depth perception; no color blindness; hearing must be normal in frequencies of normal voice range; successful completion of physical examinations by a physician designated by the Commission.
- High School graduate or have completed an equivalent course of education.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and must not have demonstrated a disregard of the law to such an extent that usefulness as a Deputy Sheriff would be impaired. The power to make judgement as to usefulness shall be vested in the Commission.
- Possess a valid driver’s license at time of appointment
Starting salary: $18.48 per hour, $33,438.40 per year. Current maximum salary is $47,590.40 per year after five years.
Applications must e received or post marked no later than midnight March 2, 2015
Applications may be filled out on line (preferred) at
Written application forms may be downloaded from
To request an application or for more information call 402-454-2110 ext 152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post expires at 11:59pm on Monday March 2nd, 2015