Applications accepted until November 6, 2017
The Madison County Sheriff’s Dept. is presently taking applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Deputy Sheriff (Road Patrol/Corrections Deputy) for which we currently have an open position(s). Nebraska Law Enforcement Certification is not required, however to be completed within the first year of employment.
Qualifications will include:
- Minimum age of 21 years at time of appointment.
- Physical requirements include weight proportioned to height; vision 20/100 uncorrected, corrected to 20/20; normal depth perception; no color blindness; hearing must be normal in frequencies of normal voice range; successful completion of physical examination by a physician designated by the Commission.
- High School graduate or have completed an equivalent course of education.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude and must not have demonstrated a disregard of the law to such an extent that usefulness as a Deputy Sheriff would be impaired. The power to make judgement as to such usefulness shall be vested in the Commission.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at the time of appointment.
Starting salary is $41,412.80 per year. Currently maximum salary is $51,292.80 per year after five years.
Send requests for Applications to: Madison County Sheriff
P.O. Box 209
Madison, NE 68748
Or call 402-454-3311 ext 152 to request an application, or go to:
Applications must be received or post marked no later than midnight November 6, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer e-mail: email@example.com